IN: Refers to Improvisation News / IN Studios.
IN Studios Conservatory Members/You/Members: Students who’ve agreed to take classes IN classes, including but not limited to Fast Track Members.
IN Studios Fast Track Members: Students/Members who have been accepted into the Fast Track program.
Users: Persons who visit ImprovisationNews.com or INstudios-NYC.com
Summary of Terms:
The following is a summary and not necessarily all inclusive.
Improvisation News agrees to:
- Cover the cost of rehearsal space & Instructor/Coach fees, unless mentioned beforehand.
- Provide IN Workshops that are free or substantially discounted for IN Conservatory Members, unless otherwise disclosed.
- Provide a free ticket to all IN improv/sketch shows, provided Members reserve ahead of time and space permitting.
Members agree to:
- Attend all scheduled classes, warmed-up and ready to work.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time.
- Provide 2 weeks notice in writing, of any scheduling conflicts with classes.
- Keep the online class schedule up-to-date with availability and conflicts.
- Attend at least 1 IN Team Show (Free of Charge) and at least 1 Underground Mixer each cycle on a non-showcase day.
- Notify us at updates(at)improvisationnews(dot)com of any expected latenesses at least 24 hours prior to class. If notification is received you may enter class, but only audit. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to enter class if late (you’re considered late if you arrive more than 10 minutes after class start time).
As Members, you understand:
- You are not employees of Improvisation News.
- Improvisation News makes no claims to promote or market You or your work and no promises of fame, fortune or future success, now or in the future.
- Given the nature of our work, late arrivals are disruptive. If you are more than 10 minutes late it counts as an absence and you won’t be allowed entry into the class.
- Occasionally, during your training, you’ll be asked for promotional appearances and performances and to write material on spec (no pay).
- You are expected to see a show and/or attend a Mixer every month as a part of your training.
- IN reserves the right to discontinue service to any Member, for any reason, at any time.
- Members have the right to discontinue utilizing IN services. Refunds are at the discretion of IN.
- For Fast Track Members only, you understand you will automatically be charged every 7 weeks in order to remain in the program, similar to a gym membership, unless you’ve been notified in writing of a scholarship ahead of time or are auditioning for the Team and classes are part of your training.
- You understand you can cancel at any time, but you must cancel prior to being charged through Paypal or email us two weeks before the end of the 7 week payment cycle if you’d like us to cancel for you.
- You acknowledge and agree that there are no refunds given once the charge has been completed.
- Ultimately, credit and rights to all material developed during classes or with class resources, will be determined by IN.
- IN reserves the right to change the terms listed herein, for any reason, at any time without notice.
- By participating as a Member you affirm you are under no contractual obligation that would prevent you from agreeing to and adhering to all Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Improvisation News, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Your use of the service, the violation of this Agreement, or infringement by User, or other User of the service using User’s computer, of any intellectual property or any other right of any person or entity.
- You agree not to hold Improvisation News, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees responsible for damages, for any reason, including but not limited to psychological or physical damages.
- IMPROVISATION NEWS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR LOSS OF USE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO SERVICES PROVIDED, THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN IT, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, UNDER STATUTE, IN EQUITY, AT LAW, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF IMPROVISATION NEWS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Last, but not least, you agree to enjoy yourself and the process as we create something truly unique together.
We look forward to working with you!
(Your Name – Print) (Your Studio, If Applicable – Print)
(Your Signature) (Date)
(Improvisation News) (Date)