IN: Refers to Improvisation News / IN Studios.
IN Studios Conservatory Members/You/Members: Students who’ve agreed to take classes IN classes, including but not limited to Fast Track Members.
IN Studios Fast Track Members: Students/Members who have been accepted into the Fast Track program.
Users: Persons who visit ImprovisationNews.com or INstudios-NYC.com
Summary of Terms:
The following is a summary and not necessarily all inclusive.
Improvisation News agrees to:
- Cover the cost of rehearsal space & Instructor/Coach fees, unless mentioned beforehand.
- Provide IN Workshops that are free or substantially discounted for IN Conservatory Members, unless otherwise disclosed.
- Provide a free ticket to all IN improv/sketch shows, provided Members reserve ahead of time and space permitting.
Members agree to:
- Attend all scheduled classes, warmed-up and ready to work.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time.
- Provide 2 weeks notice in writing, of any scheduling conflicts with classes.
- Keep the online class schedule up-to-date with availability and conflicts.
- Attend at least 1 IN Team Show (Free of Charge) and at least 1 Underground Mixer each cycle on a non-showcase day.
- Notify us at updates(at)improvisationnews(dot)com of any expected latenesses at least 24 hours prior to class. If notification is received you may enter class, but only audit. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to enter class if late (you’re considered late if you arrive more than 10 minutes after class start time).
As Members, you understand:
- You are not employees of Improvisation News.
- Improvisation News makes no claims to promote or market You or your work and no promises of fame, fortune or future success, now or in the future.
- Given the nature of our work, late arrivals are disruptive. If you are more than 10 minutes late it counts as an absence and you won’t be allowed entry into the class.
- Occasionally, during your training, you’ll be asked for promotional appearances and performances and to write material on spec (no pay).
- You are expected to see a show and/or attend a Mixer every month as a part of your training.
- IN reserves the right to discontinue service to any Member, for any reason, at any time.
- Members have the right to discontinue utilizing IN services. Refunds are at the discretion of IN.
- For Fast Track Members only, you understand you will automatically be charged every 7 weeks in order to remain in the program, similar to a gym membership, unless you’ve been notified in writing of a scholarship ahead of time or are auditioning for the Team and classes are part of your training.
- You understand you can cancel at any time, but you must cancel prior to being charged through Paypal or email us two weeks before the end of the 7 week payment cycle if you’d like us to cancel for you.
- You acknowledge and agree that there are no refunds given once the charge has been completed.
- Ultimately, credit and rights to all material developed during classes or with class resources, will be determined by IN.
- IN reserves the right to change the terms listed herein, for any reason, at any time without notice.
- By participating as a Member you affirm you are under no contractual obligation that would prevent you from agreeing to and adhering to all Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Improvisation News, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Your use of the service, the violation of this Agreement, or infringement by User, or other User of the service using User’s computer, of any intellectual property or any other right of any person or entity.
- You agree not to hold Improvisation News, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees responsible for damages, for any reason, including but not limited to psychological or physical damages.
- IMPROVISATION NEWS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR LOSS OF USE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO SERVICES PROVIDED, THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN IT, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, UNDER STATUTE, IN EQUITY, AT LAW, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF IMPROVISATION NEWS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Last, but not least, you agree to enjoy yourself and the process as we create something truly unique together.
We look forward to working with you!
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in respect of any personal data that you submit to us on our is Figure Eight Training Ltd, a company incorporated under New York law and whose registered office is at 300 West 145th Street NY, NY 10039
West 145th Street
New York NY 10039
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We will collect information that you provide to us when you register on the Service (such information shall include, but may not be limited to, your name, age, debit/credit card information, telephone number, postal address and email address);
About your usage of the Service; that you provide to us in e-mails or letters that you send to us;
And about transactions you carry out through the Service, orders you place and the fulfilment of your orders;
data that you submit in order to use the Service, including data relating to your customers, clients or others using your services which the Figure Eight Training apps have access to.
It is possible to view the Figure Eight Training website without providing any personal details. However, without registering your details you will not be able to use the Services.
We may use an analytics service provider for service usage analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about usage by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to the Service may be used to create reports about the use of the Service and the analytics service provider will store this information.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US?
We may use your information in the following ways:
– to ensure that our Service is delivered in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
– to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– to provide customer service to you in relation to your use of the Service, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the Service and – – to notify you about any changes to our service;
– to administer, support, improve, optimise and develop our Service;
– to produce reports which may be used, sold or published by us at our sole discretion provided that any data or reports will be anonymised and not refer to any individual user of the Services;
– for internal marketing and demographic studies to improve the products and services that we provide; and for security purposes.
We may also use your information to provide you with our email notifications, newsletters and other marketing communications that either you request from us or which you consent to by opting in when completing a registration form on the Service. You may opt out from receiving such marketing communications from us at any time by notifying us in writing, contacting us at info@IsraelSavage.com or, alternatively, by following the procedure to ‘unsubscribe’ that is specified in the email that you receive.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You should note that information posted on the public elements of the Service may be visible by users of the Service throughout the world. You should therefore be careful when submitting information about yourself to the Service.
We may disclose your personal information to Facebook Inc in order to fulfill the Services. You can review Facebook’s Terms of Service here https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/customaudiences/tos.php
THIRD PARTY SITES
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Appropriate security measures will be adopted to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. However, you acknowledge that data transmission over the internet is inherently unsecure and that we cannot guarantee the security of data you send over the internet.
Your information will only be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.